Implementation plan of the Law on Environmental Protection 2020
On March 9, 2021, the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment issued Decision No. 413 / QD-BTNMT on the implementation plan of the Law on Environmental Protection No. 72/2020 / QH14, which was approved by the 14th National Assembly, 10th session passed on November 17, 2020, and takes effect from January 1, 2022.
The purposes of the Plan are to:
- Propagating and disseminating the Law on Environmental Protection to people, cadres, civil servants, public employees and employees, providing professional training for cadres, civil servants, public employees and employees about environmental protection; raising awareness and sense of responsibility of the people in compliance with the Law on Environmental Protection.
- Determining specifically the work contents, deadline, completion schedule and responsibilities of relevant agencies and units on the implementation of the Law on Environmental Protection, ensuring timeliness, synchronization, consistency and efficiency.
- Determining a coordination mechanism between agencies and units inside and outside the Ministry in implementing the Law on Environmental Protection nationwide.
The plan sets out the main groups of contents to implement the Law on Environmental Protection, including:
- Organizing to review legal documents;
- Elaborating legal documents detailing and guiding the implementation of the assigned contents in the Law on Environmental Protection;
- Propagating, disseminating and training the Law on Environmental Protection.
Source: Vietnam Environment Administration - March 9, 2021